The Armed Services YMCA and Department of Defense Outreach Initiative offers YMCA memberships to eligible military families and personnel who may not have access to to a nearby military facility. Eligible military families and personnel include:
* Family members of deployed National Guard and Reservists
* Active Duty families who live in one of the selected Joint Bases created by the Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) process (contact Military OneSource at www.militaryonesource.com or 800-342-9647 for a list of eligible Joint Bases.)
* Active Duty Independent Duty personnel and their families as approved by their Military Service Headquarters
* Relocated spouses and family members of deployed Active Duty personnel
Eligible military families and personnel should follow these steps to benefit from the YMCA Military Outreach Program:
1. Contact Military OneSource to confirm eligibility and receive eligibility form.
2. Find a participating YMCA in your area using the search tool below.
3. Fill out and bring your eligilbility form and Military ID
to a participating YMCA for verfication.
The Department of Defense will underwrite memberships at participating YMCAs for an initial six-month period for each eligible family and service member. Membership renewals in subsequent six-month intervals will be funding based on a military family's or service member's ability to meet the participation requirement of eight visits a month to the YMCA each month.